Important News and Links
News Items below. Items will be added when they are emailed to the secretary.
IFA Referee Fitness Coach
Dear official, Attached in this email is a 30 week running program for all officials across Northern Ireland.
The two documents attached include:
• IFA Referee Training Plan 18/19 • Treadmill Interval Session On page 2 of the 'IFA Referee Training Plan 18/19' there is an overview of the plan which I recommend you read. For convenience I have summarised briefly below what the plan entails:
• 30 week running program beginning this week lasting until April 2019.
• Two scheduled sessions per week - one High Intensity session and one speed related session.
• These sessions will be supported by the introduction of a new fitness coach into each of the four divisional associations.
• Each High Intensity session is tiered into two levels - Top Tier and Developmental Tier.
• Top Tier is aimed at those officials in the top two divisions (Premiership and Championship). Developmental Tier includes all other officials. • However, if you can perform the Top Tier level - please do so.
• If you do not have a pitch to run on there is a alternative 'Treadmill program'.
• The treadmill program uses a basic '2 minutes running / 1 minute rest' ratio.
• The distance of each pitch based High Intensity session is given each week. Using this distance, you can calculate the speed needed to run on the treadmill to match the pitch session. The treadmill program contains a table which calculates the speed and interval number for you with regards to distance ran.
This training plan is subject to change based upon feedback from different associations including you, the official. If there is an updated version, it will be sent through via email.
On Monday 1st October I tried the first session with the Fermanagh and Western officials which went very well. One thing I picked up on was the benefit of the officials training together. So if it suits, try working together in groups to help push each other on. Also, it holds each individual accountable to show up and train etc.
Finally, an apology from myself with regards to the program not being sent out sooner as it is due to start this week. However, week 2 of the plan is the same as week 1 to help familiarise individuals with the plan structure, so it should be no issue... If you have any questions now or in the future contact me, or alternatively contact your divisional fitness coach who will be made known to you within the next few weeks.
IFA Referee Fitness Coach
See details below and attached of the NIRA Charity golf day at Dungannon.
Proceeds in aid of our Nominate Charity the Children’s heartbeat Trust. 8
Contact numbers on the PDF
Download the PDF Flyer 2018
Please contact Ray for more information
The meeting is planned to start as normal at 20:00. Dermot is a former Premier league and FIFA listed official. He has refereed in the European Championships , Euro 96. Dermot also took charge of FA Cup Final the same year between Liverpool and Manchester United at Wembley, which United won by an Eric Cantona goal to nil. Dermot regularly appears on Sky Sports News to discuss the weekends controversial decisions. In addition to this Dermot is also an active public speaker offering advice to younger referees
Training is at 6pm outside. Development group candidates and those aspiring to be candidates should attend this training session.
Everyone is welcome. See you then.
The Co Antrim FA will now accept Disciplinary Summary Sheets (CLICK TO DOWNLOAD) for all CAUTIONS to fall in line with IFA Discipline procedures.
Please note that DR1’s are still required for DISMISSALS.
The purpose of the new Summary Sheets is to cut down on administration for all parties. One summary sheet per game will only be required rather than separate DR1’s for each caution issued in a game.
The preferred method of receipt of all disciplinary reports is via email. We will still be accepting hand written disciplinary reports via post also. If you have a smart phone you can actually a take a picture of your completed hand written summary sheet and forward via email to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after your game. This will save you time and postage!
Download PDF to Print off and Post
Or for any further information contact email@example.com